Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Letter from a Mother





This is a letter from Mama Mel to Grams on Grams wedding day, I think it is so sweet and really a treasure to have, I'm glad that Grams saved it.
I love this letter, I have read it many times. Tears come to my eyes each time I read it. I can picture Mama Mel writing this to her so young daughter and I can feel the love she had for Grams, you can feel how sincere she was in writing the letter and giving a little Motherly advice. My favorite line is on the first page almost to the bottom where she says, "such a happy wild little girl, never quiet at all!" Is that our Grams or what! No wonder Grams missed her mom so much and always told us so!!
In my mind Mama Mel was always really old, and kinda crabby, but this letter gives me a different view of her. My mom said she wasn't always crabby, that she was really very nice and loving. I would love to hear from those of you who knew Mama Mel. Any stories or memories you have of her would be great. Email them to me and I will post them so everyone can get to know her a little better.


No comments: